JCB TOOLS Consumer Products Limited and J.C. Bamford Excavators Limited (“JCB TOOLS”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is JCB Tools, Unit 55, Romsey Ind Est, Greatbridge Road, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 0HR.
Information JCB Tools may collect from you;
JCB Tools may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. If you contact us, JCB Tools may keep a record of that correspondence.
Information JCB Tools collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site JCB Tools may automatically collect the following information:
– technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
– information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information JCB Tools receive from other sources. JCB Tools are working closely with third parties (including, for example, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Information collected about you may be shared with selected third parties including manufacturers and retailers of JCB Tools.
Uses made of the information
Information JCB Tools collect about you.JCB Tools will use this information:
– to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
– to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising JCB Tools serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information JCB Tools receive from other sources. JCB Tools may combine this information with information you give to us and information JCB Tools collect about you. JCB Tools may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information JCB Tools receive).
Disclosure of your information
JCB Tools may share your personal information with selected third parties and any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. JCB Tools, and selected third parties may use your personal information to provide you with information about goods or services JCB Tools feel may interest you.
JCB Tools may share your information with selected third parties including analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
JCB Tools may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that JCB Tools sell or buy any business or assets, in which case JCB Tools may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– to protect the rights, property, or safety of JCB Tools, our suppliers, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where JCB Tools store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although JCB Tools will do our best to protect your personal data, JCB Tools cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once JCB Tools have received your information, JCB Tools will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. JCB Tools will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if JCB Tools intend to use your data for such purposes or if JCB Tools intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms JCB Tools use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of product retailers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that JCB Tools do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information JCB Tools hold about you.